I have a prediction, that much like the articles flooding the “books” topic on wordpress, Hardcovers and Heroines will soon be flooded with Hunger Games evaluation and celebration. And because I’m one of the two bloggers, and I know Alison Lee shares my hopefully adorable addiction, I think it’s a safe bet that my prediction will come true. And while I know I should probably just wait for the movie to come out to start blogging about it … all the hype on the internet, on public transportation, in friends conversations is getting to me and I just can’t help myself.
In the real world, I overheard two similarly aged women (maybe a little older) talking about different ways to celebrate the movie coming out. First they decided a party with only meat. Then they decided that was completely not the point, and you’d have to have a party with no food, or only enough food for one person. I wish there was a way to find out what they actually do…maybe just go to the movie and then the food court?
On the internet I’ve been intrigued by…
- This Hunger Games bracelet
- This new clip of Gale and Katniss saying goodbye posted on Huffington Post.
- This fabulous quiz on CollegeCandy that will tell you which character you would date. I obviously got Peeta, thank goodness.
- The Hunger Games Soundtrack was released today! Here Taylor Swift discusses her single “Eyes Open” which she wrote specifically for the film.
- This NYT article talks about how the promotion for the movie has been handled. It includes a full time position to reach out to and foster, blog buzz and fan pages.
That’s all for now. But let me know if you are planning something fun to commemorate this weekend. Especially if I am able to replicate it. Also let me know what you get on the quiz, but remember that Peeta is mine…and Katniss’s.