Last week, I listed 14 reading challenges for 2014. While I think completing all 14 would be overkill, I’m excited to participate in this week’s top ten tuesday, a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and list my top ten bookish resolutions for the year.
1. Read 110 Books. I set this one on goodreads after seeing that I read 109 books in 2013. I’m already behind though, so I’m getting a little nervous.
2. My sister and I both agreed to read ANNA KARENINA, DON QUIXOTE, and THE CORRECTIONS this year.
3. I also hope to read THE HOUSE OF MIRTH, ATLAS SHRUGGED, and ABSALOM, ABSALOM.
4. Read more debut authors and get more advance copies to review from publishers.
5. Begin querying my manuscript.
6. Fast draft a first draft of a new novel.
7. Read at least three young adult LGBT books for the 2014 LGTB Challenge hosted by A Novel Challenge.
8. Read at least three banned books for the Buckling Bookshelves 2014 Banned Books Challenge.
9. Read at least three speculative fiction books by and about persons of color for the Dusky Literati 2014 PoC Speculative Fiction Challenge.
10. Begin an MFA creative writing program in the fall.
I’m sweating a little bit thinking about these goals, but hopefully I can get them done. Or at least have a lot of fun trying to complete them. What are your resolutions (bookish or otherwise) for 2014?