Earlier this week, I spent three days at Bethany Beach in Delaware. I’ve been going to this beach most summers since I was eleven, and it was so lovely to be back walking the board walk, playing in the waves, and (perhaps most of all) reading in the sunshine. The sunburn I got from spending too much time reading in the sunshine was not as lovely, but it was worth it. One of my favorite things about Bethany is that it has a fantastic independent book store. Whether you are going to Ocean City, Rehoboth, or Bethany Beach here are some bookstores to check out:
- Bethany Beach Books, Bethany Beach
- Browseabout Books, Rehoboth Beach
- Proud Bookstore, Rehoboth Beach
- Mason’s Books, Ocean City
- The Children’s Book and Toy Garden, Ocean City
I read Maze Runner on the beach this week. What’s your favorite beach bookstore or beach read of this summer?