I’ve gotten hooked on a lot of different authors, genres, tropes, and categories of books. It’s like I’m obsessed with this certain kind of book and then that’s all I want to read, but eventually I get over it. Here are some of the bookish streaks that I’ve moved on from … although I definitely still have relapses from time to time. Would love to hear if you had any similar streaks
- Books about orphans: From Anne of Green Gables to The Boxcar Children to Ballet Shoes I was obsessed with these books.
- Cinderella Retellings: It all started with Ella Enchanted.
- Russia: I read biographies, Tolstory, Turgenev, and more!
- Whiny White Guys: So much love for Salinger, Cheever, Fitzgerald, and Hemingway.
- British Classics: Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters especially.
- Family Sagas: Thick paper backs with complex family trees in the front pages.
- Chick Lit: So much Sophie Kinsella and Jennifer Weiner in
- 1980s Romance Novels: Nora Roberts, Judith Krantz, Jayne Ann Krentz, Jilly Cooper, and many many more.
- Franzen, David Foster Wallace, Eugenides
- Tudor Historical Fiction: Phillipa Gregory was my favorite, but I read book after book about Henry VII, his wives, and Elizabeth I.
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this weekly book meme!