Happy Tuesday! I have more books that I want to read right now than time to read them, so adding to my reading list would be folly. However, if more of these kinds of these books hit the shelves, I don’t think I would be able to resist them.
- More YA books told by multiple female perspectives, like the Burn for Burn trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobahn Vivian.
- A book where everyone thinks the world is going to end, but then it doesn’t and people need to deal with the aftermath.
- A Louisa May Alcott retelling that’s not Little Women. I’d love to see a modern take on Rose In Bloom or An Old-Fashioned Girl.
- A road trip romance, like Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.
- Historical YA set in Tudor England – so here for all things Queen Elizabeth I.
- Romance novels with a feminist angle.
- Fantasy with a completely new/unique magic system.
- More nonfiction/memoirs about marriage (or lack thereof) demographics/customs/changes in the vein of All the Single Ladies, by Rebecca Traister, or Spinster, by Kate Bolick.
- An #ownvoices beach read by a PoC author.
- Sister books! I know there are *a lot* of these already in existence. But I always want more!
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this weekly book meme!