- Run away to Big Sur to write a novel (that’s now in a drawer)
- Moved to New York City and gotten an MFA in writing for children and young adults
- Started teaching writing to college students and to younger kids in after school programs
- Started contributing to one of my favorite bigger book blogs: Book Riot
- Other stuff too. Despite what you might think from reading this blog I do things besides reading and writing young adult books …at least, some of the time.
As a teenager I mostly read classics and wrote very serious (aka very bad) short stories about grown up things like working in a law firm or feeling like an old maid at twenty-five. Now, I want to write about teenagers for the rest of my life.
I’m a former English major and a Feminist with a capital F. I will tweet/reblog/copy into my diary almost any quote I find by John Green, Sylvia Plath, F. Scott Fitzerald, or Maya Angelou. I like long baths. I read anything I can get my hands on that isn’t too scary or too serious. I think *almost* everyone looks better with bangs. Find me tweeting @alisoncdoherty or on my instagram & my goodreads.
Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy the blog!